If you are thinking of buying South Lake Tahoe Real Estate, Fall is a great time. There is less competition and a little more inventory to choose from. If you are a first timer, we have some great tips about what to know and do before you start looking at South Lake Tahoe homes for sale.
- Get pre-approved from a reputable lender and find a South Lake Tahoe Realtor that you trust, is backed by experience and can seamlessly guide you through the process. A good Realtor will listen to you and has your best interest at heart and when you are making one of the biggest financial investments in your life, you want someone you know will never lead you astray.
- Create a list of your needs vs wants. It could be design features, location, year built, close proximity to certain businesses, whatever it is, create non-negotiable criteria that will help you weed out the homes for sale in South Lake Tahoe that aren’t a good fit for you. This helps you save time too.
- While knowing your deal breakers is important, also learn to be flexible and keep an open mind. Likely, there will be a lot of South Lake Tahoe real estate options that don’t perfectly match everything you want but are still within your budget. While it may not be your idea of move in ready, as a homeowner, you can turn this investment of yours in to whatever you want which means it doesn’t have to be perfect on move in day.
- Speaking of budget, be realistic about yours. If your South Lake Tahoe Realtor knows your budget and how much wiggle room you have, they won’t insist on showing your something you can’t afford or isn’t a good match in general. You may find a property that you have dreamt about for a long time, but it is over your price range. Don’t over extend yourself. Instead, find something you can buy without being house poor and turn it into your dream home over time.
- Don’t look at just a few South Lake Tahoe homes for sale and call it a day. Rarely does anyone just starting out hit the pot of gold in the first few houses. See as many as you can that fit your criteria and keep an open mind. If nothing else, you will learn what your REALLY don’t want and what you do.
For more information on buying South Lake Tahoe real estate, feel free to give our team a call. We would be happy to not only walk you through this exciting journey, but also help you find your dream in Lake Tahoe.