“Do It Yourself” BMP Workshops Scheduled
If you are a Lake Tahoe home owner or have plans to join the ranks of the lucky soon, you may want to take advantage of the upcoming workshops scheduled for BMP (Best Management Practices) installation. As a quick reminder, the BMP’s are part of the ongoing effort to retain and improve the clarity of Lake Tahoe and are focused primarily on water drainage and run-off. To put it mildly, Lake Tahoe is a bit behind schedule in the timing that was hoped for when these plans were implemented. So far, the BMP’s are not a point-of-sale mandate and the South Tahoe Association of REALTOR’s are among a large number of groups opposing such a requirement. Don’t get us wrong – as REALTORS® and South Lake Tahoe residents, we are passionate about the clarity of the Lake. It’s beauty and that of the surrounding environment are among the primary reasons we choose to live here. However, can you imagine your not being able to sell your home between the months of October and May? That’s would could happen if such a point-of-sale mandate were in place. Whoops – I am getting off track.
Back on point . . .Whether you are a Lake Tahoe contractor, BMP Installer or a “Do-It-Yourselfer”, you may want to check out these upcoming workshops.
- April 20 & 27, 2012 – “How to Install BMPs for Single Family Residences”
- BMP Workshop Topics for 2012:
- How to pass a final inspection – tougher standards apply, avoid costly installation errors
- Avoid costly installation errors
- How to qualify your business for the 2012 BMP Installation Service Providers List. Passing new exam required for both workshops
- BMP Training for Spanish speaking workers on May 16th
- Basic Contractors BMP Workshop – Friday, April 20, 2012
- Half-day Refresher BMP Workshop** – Friday, April 27, 2012
These programs will be held at the Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences, Incline Village, Nevada between 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. for a fee of $18 if postmarked by April 6. If postmarked after April 6, the cost is $35 OR one can attend at the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, Stateline, Nevada from 8am. to noon. Registration fees will be $12 if postmarked by April 6. If postmarked after April 6, the cost is $25.
Be sure to bring your own lunch however refreshments included.
Please note that in order to attend the Refresher Workshop, one must have successfully completed the Basic or Refresher Workshop within the last two years. There will be new exams for both workshops this year.
Click here for registration and more information or call the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension at 775-832-4144